Seems kind of funny all of the updates to incremental service pack releases, but it is what it is. Here are the things that are remedied by this update:
- iLogic Design Copy not working after installing .NET Framework 4.5
- API queries not working for some surface types
- Error message when saving result in Extract iFeature dialog
- Reduced performance when working in presentation with duplicate browser entries
- Unsupported options listed in Make component dialog
- CER: Unexpected exit when editing a material library
- CER: Unexpected exit when editing pipe components
- CER: Stability enhancements
I use “Make component” all the time. I wonder what these “unsupported options” are? BTW, the CER stands for Crash (or is it customer?) Error Reporting, If you don’t report your crashes, they won’t be fixed like this.
The Autodesk Inventor 2013 Service Pack 1.1 is available for download.
There is also a link to a Hotfix for Vault that “cures” the problem whereby Inventor “unexpectedly exits (crashes) when checking in files” This is arguably the most jacked-up release of inventor since Inventor 10, but so-far it seems to me that Autodesk Inventor 2013 Service Pack 1.1 has addressed the major issues –including Service Pack 1.
In other news, watch later this week for the next post in the ERP for Cabinet Design Series as well as a post titled Autodesk Inventor/iLogic Design Challenge. I will be looking for submittals of real-world design challenges, and choose on to solve –damn near magically, on this here website in plain view (the “Open” part of the ODP). Stay tuned.
Get the fix here…
Hopefully Inventor 2013 Update 2 will solve some of the glitches in this release. I was expecting Service Pack 1 for Inventor 2013 to be out by now, but these “updates” must be the new ‘thing’ over at Autodesk. I just installed the update myself, so cannot vouch for any improvement, so let me know in the comments if you are finding any.
Inventor 2013 Update 2
Just a quickie post to let everyone know that this update is available. The release version of Inventor 2013 was far from stable, so it would behoove you to install this update!
When I installed the update this morning, something very unusual happened. Last night I created a video of a very detailed iLogic super model being run through all of its configurations. The model ran as fast as I’ve ever seen iLogic run for a model its size, but this morning, after the update was installed, every single configuration now runs a minimum of twice as fast, but mostly four of five times as fast!!!